Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cafe sketches - she does draw things!

So! It's been forever since I updated. That, my blog reading friends, was because I was making a film and finishing school. But now you can expect to see me post far more regularly, because I have all sorts of interesting things to report, from notes on machining armatures and casting puppets, to meeting animators in bars, how to charm bakery owners so you can shoot the live action component of your film in their establishment, and all the weird psychological things that go on in your head when you do stop motion animation. (An area that I think warrants further research.)

Right now, though, you actually get to see me draw things, just like it says on the tin! A few days ago, I got together with some friends from school (including http://brendenoshima.blogspot.com/ and http://charliecorriea.blogspot.com/, but also several other talented blogless buddies) and drew people in a cafe. Ok, so we mostly just drew each other, but it was a good way to stretch the drawing muscles none the less. And since most of the drawings are of people drawing, I like to joke that it must be a statement on the artistic process.
Here are some of the sketches!

This is Jan. She is a pirate. At the time, she was drawing me and said exactly what I put in the speech bubble, as if it was a very major revelation.


Here is Charlie! Winner of the Princess Grace Award and my favourite TA ever. He said my sketch of him was a very "me" sort of drawing, which I think was a nice way of telling me I made him look fat. Apparently being drawn by Chantal adds about ten pounds...

This person was actually a cafe patron and not part of our sketching party! He was reading a really thick book and texting. Apparently he did not mind the crew of sketching animators, because he stayed the whole time we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.